Monday, March 5, 2012

Dreaming Of Sweets


I can't wait to settle down and have a place to call home. Moving around from place to place is exhausting.

I want a kitchen to call mine. An oven with a baking stone, no, make that two baking stones. I miss baking sourdough bread and how it crackles faintly when you pull it out of the oven. You really have to put your ear to it and listen. Sshhh.

I want to bake a cake. Just because I feel like it. Smear it with frosting and paint it with loops and swirls just like Martha Stewart would. A soft fluffy sponge with cream and berries? Or bittersweet chocolate? Worthy enough to be in Nigella's Chocolate Hall Of Fame.
There are some old friends I haven't seen in a while. My Aunt Macy's wacky cake. A cocoa cake so simple it doesn't need any sprucing up. Perhaps a spur of the moment banana cake. Just so I can fill my place with the scent of sweet bananas. Chocolate chip cookies. Need I say more?

My recipe file is filling up with too many things I want to make. Until then, I can only dream of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment